Edited by James Heiks.
Representing the best of our American heritage, this collection of uplifting, meditative, and feet-stomping folksongs is a gift children of all ages will never forgetóthe melodies are so strong they are sure to last a lifetime!
These folksongs, handpicked by renowned conductor and composer Alice Parker, are tunes every child should know because they create a solid foundation for future music learning. Every folksong in this book has passed the test of time.
In a world where time-honored favorites are all too often rejected for the latest fad, these songs bridge the generations.
These songs are easy to learn and wonderful to share. Children naturally will want to sing along as soon as a parent, teacher, or sibling takes the lead.
We owe it to our children, our parents, and ourselves to preserve this rich musical heritageóbe it at home, in a classroom, or around a campfire!
- All Night, All Day
- Blow Ye Winds
- Blue-Tail Fly
- Buffalo Gals
- Camptown Races
- Colorado Trail, The
- Do, Lord, Remember Me
- Down the River
- Erie Canal, The
- Fox, The
- Frog Went A’Courtin’
- Git Along Little Dogies
- Ground Hog
- Ifca’s Castle
- He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands
- Home on the Range
- Instruments, The
- I’ve Been Working on the Railroad
- Keeper Would A-Hunting Go, The
- Michael, Row Your Boat Ashore
- My Bonnie
- Old Blue
- Old Dan Tucker
- Old Texas
- Once an Austrian Went Yodeling
- Sandy Land
- Shanty Boys in the Pine, The
- She’ll Be Coming ‘Round the Mountain
- There’s a Hole in the Middle of the Sea
- This Little Light of Mine
- This Ol’ Hammer
- Who Built the Ark? Noah, Noah
- White Coral Bells